Note: offsite pages will open in a new tab or window.
Pembroke Welsh Corgi Clubs – Corgi FAQs, club info, member and breeder lists, articles, corgi publications, upcoming corgi events:
US National Club:
US Regional Clubs:
- Cascade Pembroke Welsh Corgi Club (Washington)
- Columbia River Pembroke Welsh Corgi Club (Oregon)
- Garden State Pembroke Welsh Corgi Club (New Jersey)
- Golden Gate Pembroke Welsh Corgi Fanciers (California)
- Greater Houston Pembroke Welsh Corgi Fanciers (Texas)
- Lakeshore Pembroke Welsh Corgi Club (Lakeshore)
- Mayflower Pembroke Welsh Corgi Club (New England)
- North Texas Pembroke Welsh Corgi Fanciers (Texas)
- Ohio Valley Pembroke Welsh Corgi Club (Ohio)
- Palmetto Pembroke Welsh Corgi Club (N/S Carolina)
- Pembroke Welsh Corgi Club of Greater Atlanta (Georgia)
- Pembroke Welsh Corgi Club of the Potomac (Virginia, DC, etc)
- Pembroke Welsh Corgi Club of Southern California (California)
- Pembroke Welsh Corgi Club Western Reserve (Ohio)
- Sunshine Pembroke Welsh Corgi Club (Florida)
Corgi Email Lists and Facebook Groups:
The Facebook Showpem-L page. Dedicated to breeding and showing of Pembroke Welsh Corgis.
Facebook Agility Corgi List. Dedicated to agility for Pembroke and Cardigan Welsh Corgis.
Facebook Obedience Corgi List. Dedicated to obedience for Pembroke and Cardigan Welsh Corgis.
The Corgi-L Home page and Facebook Corgi-L page. Corgi-L is a Cardigan/Pembroke Welsh Corgi list that concerns the everyday life of corgis. The home page has Corgi FAQs, articles, pictures of corgis corgis corgis, and has some neat corgi items for sale on the shopping page.
Facebook WheelCorgis List. List for corgis with rear end problems due to disk disease, degenerative myelopathy, or other. A great support group with plenty of good information for managing issues that come with going down in the rear.
Other Corgi Websites:
CorgiAid , find rescues available for adoption, help other needy corgis. Supported primarily by Corgi-L members.
PWCorgi articles about showing and the history of the Pembroke written by Stephanie Hedgepath.
PUPPY BUYING and HEALTH:
See my page on “Looking for a Pup?” for an article I wrote on how to find a REPUTABLE breeder, and the right puppy for you. Includes health problems in Pembrokes, what to look for in a good breeder to buy from, information about purchase contracts, and information on Pembrokes as a breed.
Every prospective pet or show dog purchaser should themselves verify that the bloodlines they are buying are clear of all possible genetic problems. Never take a breeder’s word that “My lines never have problems,” “Oh yes, they’re all ok back there,” or “Oh, I never bothered to xray/test this dog for this or that as he obviously doesn’t have problems,” or “The vet said the xray showed good hips so I didn’t submit it.” A little extra work on your part is well worth the gain in your chances of getting a sound and healthy pup.
Orthopedic Foundation for Animals. OFA is devoted to lessening genetic diseases in animals by maintaining an open registry of animals that are certified clear of certain genetic disorders, such as hip dysplasia. Unless a breeder can show you the original OFA certificate that shows the sire/dam, and others behind them in the bloodline of your prospective pup are clear of hip dysplasia, look it up yourself under “Database Queries” on this web page.
The AKC main home page. AKC is devoted to the pursuit of enjoying purebred dogs. One can find great articles on dogs, locate local dog shows and performance trials (under Events), learn more about AKC rules and regulations, download AKC forms including registration and entry forms.